TWICE THE SEALING SURFACE IN ONE SEAL!
Quad rings are an alternative to O-rings and have become the replacement for square cut o-rings.
Quad rings are higher priced, but with higher performance compared to standard o-rings.
So what makes a quad ring better?
- Twice the Sealing Surface: Multi-lobed design provides more sealing surfaces than standard O-rings.
- Prolonged Seal Life: With the multiple seal points, less squeeze is required to provide an effective seal. Less friction and wear will increase seal life and lower maintenance costs.
- Prevents Spiral Failure: The quad or X profile creates a stable seal that is more resistant to rolling in a groove than an O-ring when used in a dynamic application.
- Better Lubricant Retention: Grooves on the inside and outside diameter of these rings retain lubricant, lowering friction and extending packing life.
- The Right Fit: Quad rings will fit in standard O-ring grooves for most applications.
- Replace Square-Cut O-rings: Quads can usually substitute for square-cut, since square-cut o-rings are less readily available.